Last Updated – March 2021
Demetria’s Privacy Philosophy
Your privacy is important to Demetria. Therefore, we have chosen to undertake appropriate safeguards to protect our users’ account information. Nevertheless, Demetria cannot, unfortunately, guarantee the security of users’ account information because factors such as hardware and software failure, unauthorized access to our servers or our users’ accounts, and other factors, may compromise the security of our users’ account information. We welcome any comments and suggestions for improvement at: email@example.com
Collection of Personal Information
We collect information in three basic ways:
- We collect information that you voluntarily provide to become a registered user of our Service, and when you use certain aspects of our Service (e.g. entering a full name and an email address on your Demetria account).
- We collect location information when you use the Service. For example, when you scan or take a sample or a photo of an agricultural product, we keep track of their location. The location information is not intended for tracking users, but to correlate the location of the scans, samples or photos. You can stop sharing location information at any time by changing the settings on your mobile device. For further information please consult your device’s manual.
- When you browse or use our Service, technological tools including “Log Data” and “Cookies” collect certain information, as explained in the following section.
Type of Data
- Organization – a company with a commercial agreement with Demetria. In case the organization has a signed commercial agreement in place it overwrites this PP
- Organization user – The companies working with Demetria can sponsor users under their organization, in this case, the PP that applies to the Organization users is based on the commercial agreement.
- Independent user – a user which downloads the app and/or bought a sensor device from Demetria and/or uses any of Demetria’s products for mobile or web. This type of user has no other commercial agreement and this PP and EULA apply fully.
What Information We Collect and for What Purposes
We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your “Non-Identifying Information,” see below) to provide the Service to you. For example:
– Account registration. We create your User account for your use of the Service based upon the Personal Information you provide.
– Access to information generated by you through the Service. We provide you access to the information you provide or generate when you use the Service, such as the information you generate in the Service when you make a scan or take a sample or a photo of an agricultural product.
– Device information and performance – While using the Service, we may keep a usage log based on Non-Identifying Information such as device type, OS version, internet connection, battery life and use this information for improving the system and solving bugs
– Communications. We use your Personal Information to contact you with Demetria newsletters, marketing materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
– Customer service. We use your Personal Information to respond to your questions and/or inquiries and to improve your customer experience.
– Matching supply with Demand –We use your data when you use our service by either scanning or taking a photo of the product enabled through our Services which is desired by one of Demetria’s Organizations. Demetria in rendering the Services will share with the organization the contact information of the supplier.
- Non-Identifying Information. We also collect other information that you provide as part of registration, the operation, and usage of the Services, as well as any other content or data that cannot reasonably be used to identify or contact you (“Non-Identifying Information”). Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be personally identified or contacted. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other Non-Identifying Information. For example scan, photo, or sample of an agricultural product may be shared in a non-identifying way as Non-Identifying Information, across users, for statistical purposes. We may use your data to produce and share insights that do not identify you to generate statistics about our users, their location or industry, to calculate use of our contents, or for demographics.
- Log Data. When you visit the Service, our servers automatically record information that your device sends whenever you use the Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as the device type, system, and application software, IMSI/IMEI info, access times and dates, technical data, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze the use of the Service and the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Service to our visitors’ needs.
- Cookies. Like many online services, Demetria may use “cookies” on our Service to collect information about website usage and activity, such as the extent of service users and frequency of use. We use this information to further improve our services. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer or mobile device’s memory.
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Demetria users. When you register through the Service and submit Personal Information to create a profile, and through use of the Service generate certain Personal Information, other Demetria Users from your organization or who use the same account, will see your Personal Information, and you hereby consent to such sharing of your Personal Information.
- Aggregate information and non-identifying information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, usage analytics, statistical purposes, demographic profiling, and other purposes, and you hereby consent to such sharing of your Personal Information.
- Service providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., maintenance and support services, database management and processing, web analytics, and improvement of the Service’s features), or to assist us in analyzing how our Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement. Demetria cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We can disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process including, but not limited to, subpoenas, to protect the property and rights of Demetria or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Business transfers. Demetria may sell, divest, transfer, assign, share or otherwise engage in a transaction that involves, some or all of our assets, including any or all of the information described in this Policy, in the course of a corporate divestiture, merger, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or any other similar transaction or proceeding.
- Consent transfers. Transfer to a third party subject to the relevant consent of the information subject.
How You Can Protect Your Privacy
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- Email communications. You hereby consent in a prior, express, and informed manner to receive email communications from us regarding our services or third parties services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
- Location information. You hereby consent in a prior, express, and informed manner for us to collect your location information. You can stop sharing location information at any time by changing the settings on your mobile device. For further information please consult your device’s manual.
The answer to the questions related to sensitive data is optional.
As a data owner you have the right to access, know, update, eliminate, rectify, your personal data as well as to require evidence of your consent and revoke your authorization. In order to enforce your rights to access, update, rectify your personal data, request proof of the consent that has been granted to us, to revoke such consent, and/or to request your data deletion, you may follow this procedure send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the conduct of our business, we may sell certain of our assets. Information collected from users of the Service, including personal information, could be transferred as part of such a transaction. By submitting your personal information through the Service, you agree that your information may be transferred to third parties under such or similar circumstances.
The Services is not directed to individuals under the age of 18, and we request that these individuals not provide personal information through the Service. If your child has submitted Personal Information and you would like to request that such Personal Information be removed, please contact us.
How to Contact Us